Download the Coinbase app on your PC. The app allows you to securely buy, hold and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin and many more on our easy, user-friendly app and web platform.
|Developed by||Coinbase Android|
|Size||Varies with device|
|Requirement||Android 6.0 and up|
The Coinbase PC app
Coinbase is a cryptocurrency trading and investing platform that offers users the ability to buy, sell, and exchange over 100 tradable cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin. Coinbase is a large company with over 73 million users and $255 billion in assets on the platform.1
Beginners will likely prefer the original Coinbase for PC platform for simple buy and sell orders. More advanced users can access additional features and order types through Coinbase Pro, available to any Coinbase user.
Cryptocurrencies are a relatively new asset class that can be risky and volatile, which isn’t suitable for all investors. However, if you’re interested in cryptocurrency, Coin base is an excellent option for newbies and veterans alike.
Coinbase For Windows Pro account
If you’re more of an advanced cryptocurrency trader, Its Pro account could be a good fit for you. The account includes real-time order books, charting tools, and trading history. Coinbase for PC also says its Websocket Feed gives you easy access to market data, while its trading API gives you the option to develop secure trading bots.
Pro accounts also include FDIC insurance protection up to $250,000, and higher account balances result in lower trading fees. For instance, The Pro’s fee structure is comprised of taker fees and maker fees. If you’ve got an account balance below $10,000, you may have to pay a taker fee of 0.50%. You’ll only have to pay 0.04% if you hold more than $500 million.
- Easy to use for cryptocurrency beginners: The main website and mobile app are very easy to use and allow you to buy, sell, and exchange cryptocurrencies quickly.
- Support for a large number of cryptocurrencies: It currently supports over 100 currencies for trading, and the number grows regularly.
- Opportunities to earn cryptocurrency: Earn interest on eligible balances, or get a small amount of a new currency through Coin-base Earn.
- Lower pricing available with Coinbase Pro: Any user can switch to Pro, an active trading platform with more features and low fees.
The minimum amount needed to buy cryptocurrency on Coinbase for Windows app is $2.
Trading and transaction fees
The fee structure is a confusing combination of elements that depend on two factors:
- The platform charges a spread of about 0.5% for cryptocurrency sales and purchases; rates may be higher or lower depending on market fluctuations.
- It also charges a fee, the greater of either a flat fee or a variable one depending on the amount purchased and the payment type.
- Offers access to nearly 100 cryptocurrencies.
- Low minimum to fund account.
- Cryptocurrency is insured in event website is hacked.
- Higher fees than other cryptocurrency exchanges.
How to Install the app on your Windows and Mac
The app is available on both Android and Apple Stores. If you want you can also use the Coinbase app on your smartphone as well.
If you want to use the Coin-base app, you can follow the steps below
Download Coinbase for PC
- Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on-screen instructions.
- Look for the PlayStore app on the home screen and open it.
- Search for the Coinbase app and click on the install button.
- You will need to Log in using your Google ID to start the download process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Coinbase for PC app safe for beginners?
While it is never 100% safe to keep your money on any online exchange, it has one of the safest web wallets you can use since it holds 98% of its assets in offline cold storage that cybercriminals cannot access. That way, if a hacker ever stole your money from the app, it would be reimbursed.
Is Coinbase PC app legit?
The short answer is “yes, it is a legitimate cryptocurrency exchange and broker”. That is because of its high profile investors and highly regulated location (San Francisco). This indicates that it does a very good job of keeping the platform safe for customer funds.