Use the USA Today app on your PC. The USA TODAY app puts the pulse of the nation in the palm of your hand. Experience comprehensive and personalized coverage the way you want it with award-winning videos, compelling photography, and interactive features that will always keep you updated.
|Category||News & Magazines|
|Size||Varies with device|
What is the USA Today PC app?
If you want to stay informed on current affairs, you could download every single news app out there. But that would be overwhelming. Instead, make it easier on yourself and find a great news aggregator.
While mobile devices are transforming media consumption, they’re also giving publishers new software tools to engage audiences with their content, a wider variety of platforms for distribution, and the ability to test out innovative business models.
USA Today for PC app added a personalized newsfeed and tailored alerts to the latest version of its mobile app. Its “My Topics” feature lets readers create a customized headline feed and an option for automatic push notifications when the publication runs new stories about a user’s selected topics
What does it offer?
The recently-updated USA Today for PC app seems designed to replicate the feeling, if not the exact experience, of reading the paper newspaper. The app opens with a scrollable list of top stories, but all the familiar sections from the paper are easily accessible (and color-coded!) via a button in the corner.
To make reading on the iPhone’s smaller screen easier, the sections are subdivided multiple times, which ensures that you will see the content you want most. The one glaring omission is support for the landscape orientation, which is something they will hopefully correct in the next update. The app could also be speedier, but its subtle lag is explained by the fact that it formats all the articles for easy reading before displaying them.
The ad-free version costs $2.99 a month after a free two-week trial.
- NEWS: Browse or search for national, local, most popular and recommended stories. Opt-in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech, and get article previews right from your lock screen.
- WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Customize local weather news and other location-based services.
- SPORTS: Don’t miss a thing with up-to-the-minute scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, College Football & Basketball.
- PERSONALIZE YOUR FEED: With My Topics, you choose what you want to read about, and get notified when there’s something new.
- SAVED STORIES: Can’t get to it right now? Save your favorite stories to read later.
- CROSSWORDS: Tap on Sections and solve your first puzzle today.
How to Install the USA Today App on Windows and Mac
Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC. Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on-screen instructions.
Look for the PlayStore app on the home screen and open it. Search for the USA Today app and click on the install button. You will need to Log in using your Google ID to start the download process.
The app can also be used on your smartphone as well.
How much is the USA TODAY for PC app?
Now available on all of your devices – Subscribe today and experience great storytelling with no ads. Purchase an ad-free subscription for $2.99/month with a 2-week free trial.
Is USA TODAY for Windows app included in Apple news?
The free version of Apple News already gives you a lot to consume, including stories from USA TODAY and other publications that don’t charge for digital access